NEW SITE LAUNCHED AUGUST 2023!
The term ‘Blakemar Briars’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 38 Farthingstone Rd, Litchborough, Towcester, Northamptonshire, NN12 8JE. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website are for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Duty, Vat and Applicable Tax
All prices listed on this site are inclusive of VAT where applicable at the current rate set by HMRC. All UK duty and taxes have been paid on all items listed on this site where applicable and this is reflected in the listed price. Blakemar Briars maintains, that by confirming your order, you unreservedly accept our conditions of sale, having read them.
THE CUSTOMER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR CUSTOMS, IMPORT DUTIES AND TAXES.
Blakemar Briars is ‘not’ responsible for any national, regional or local customs, duties or taxes imposed by governmental authorities outside the UK.
We cannot and will not contact individual authorities to obtain import restrictions and duties for specific products.
Before ordering please contact local import officials in your country for details on the duties and taxes you will be required to pay upon receipt of your shipment. Commercial goods cannot be marked as “gift” to avoid import duties, and the contents or value of the items contained in any shipment cannot be falsified on import paperwork.
If Blakemar Briars is charged duty, tax or VAT on behalf of the customer, Blakemar Briars will seek payment from the customer.
All guarantees or warranties in our terms of trading are additional to your statutory rights.
Manufacturers warranties are subject to the manufacturers terms and conditions and are at the discretion of the manufacturer.
You have the right to cancel your order with us, in accordance with Consumer Protection (Distant Selling) Regulations 2000. The period in which you can exercise this right is seven days beginning the day after your goods are received. The unused goods must be received at the above address with the original packaging at the customers expense within the seven days. We reserve the right to claim costs incurred to us on transaction processes incurred by bank authorisation charges. We will not refund or exchange an item, which has been specially ordered for you. If the order has been dispatched the delivery costs will not be refunded.
Unfortunately due to the nature of tobacco products we cannot accept returns for items incorrectly ordered.
If for any reason you are not happy with your purchase of ‘non-tobacco’ items, Blakemar Briars in most cases will be happy to offer a suitable exchange or a refund. The items must be returned at the customers expense in “as new condition” with all original packaging. Please note where an item is not faulty we will charge a 5% re-stocking fee to cover bank charges and packaging costs incurred to ourselves. Original shipping charges will not be refunded. Goods may only be returned with permission from Blakemar Briars. Any item returned without consent from Blakemar Briars will not be accepted. If the customer does not follow the guidelines listed on this page, the customer will be responsible for any duties incurred. If a product is returned faulty within 28 days of purchase Blakemar Briars will offer a refund or a replacement subject to the item being deemed faulty. Customers must contact Blakemar Briars before sending any items. This initial call could prevent any unnecessary returns. Blakemar Briars reserves the right to refuse a refund including postage if the item is deemed not to be faulty. Blakemar Briars is not responsible for ensuring safe delivery of a returned item. Blakemar Briars does not accept any responsibility for any alterations, which the customer has made to an item, which has developed a fault whilst in their possession such as engraving, and no form of compensation will be issued. Claims for damage, non-functionality and shortages must be made within 7 days of receipt of goods, otherwise standard warranty procedures apply.
In the event that a product is listed at an incorrect price or supply to ourselves has been restricted, we reserve the right to refuse or cancel any products/services ordered. All products are sold subject to availability. If you would like to check availability of an item please contact us in advance. Illustrations, pictures and descriptions are for guidance only, products and features may vary to a reasonable extent. If an item is out of stock customers shall be contacted in less than 24 hrs (excluding Sunday’s and Bank Holidays) and given the option to Alter, Cancel or Delay their order to their own preference.
Certain manufacturers provide additional guarantees on their products, Blakemar Briars accepts no responsibility for costs incurred in returning faulty items to the manufacturer after 28 days from purchase. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Blakemar Briars and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Blakemar Briars. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Blakemar Briars takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of Blakemar Briars – © Blakemar Briars 1890 – 2023. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- You may use our images and descriptions for non commercial review sites for the benefit of the smoking community. The images must be referenced as being under copyright of the Blakemar Briars.
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.